Thursday 6 March 2008

Oops! Sxxx happens! But ok now!

After I installed the Advanced desktop last night, I brought the eeepc back to the office.


I intend to update the different packages from xepcś repo.

I did it.

It took more than an hour. It worthed more than 130MB.

But then when I got hold of it again and restart it, it prompts me for password.

I typed in the pwd once, twice, three times, ....... NOooooooooo .......

I didn´t know what happened.

I downloaded the xepc CD iso and went home.

I loaded the Eeexubuntu live session to see if I could retrieve any data in /home/user.

No, not successful. The SSD didn't come up.

I just pressed F9 straight afterwards. In less tha one minute, default system restores.

I then burned the xepc iso to a CD, loaded it to the ext. DVD.

Linux kernel not found!

I burnt another CD, but this time the burning s/w verified the CD bad.

Third time lucky(!!!), I put it to the DVD and tried.

OMG, thank you, thank you, thank you.

So, I am typing on the restored eeepc with xepc updated SSD restore partition.

So this xepc includes all I've done before except the Quick input method for TC.

I just cut and paste the command line in my previous blog entry!

Hula! No worries! All this happened within less than an hour.

Now, my wife asked me tonight if I had reinstalled windoze on the desktop ......

Possibly, a dayś time will be gone for nothing for windoze! Oh no!

No comments: