Monday 5 November 2007

Mobile Suit Gundam 00 - Episode 5 [Breakaway Limit Zone]

I was wondering how I should look at this Gundam series: be it from a scientific angle, from a political angle, from a "classical" Gundam universe angle, or .......

After some thought, I think I better look at the series from a story telling angle.

There were some highly technical CGI movies but they were bad at story telling. They flopped!

I thought about this before the airing of episode 5.

Now, episode 5 is good at developing the characters, this episode esp. for Allelujah.

For the successful Gundam series, what make them success?

Good character design? Good mecha design? Good action scenes?

Well, they all are important!

But looking back at Gundam 0079, some artwork was really crappy!

I believe it's the flesh and blood of the characters!

Looking at episode 5 and also the previous episodes, Gundam 00 looks like heading in the right direction.

What makes Gundam Seed Destiny flopped? Storytelling and the inconsistencies of the characters!

Now we shall see if the momentum can keep going on!

No comments: